MIXED MEDIA: Makin's Clay, Sewing & Printmakingback to all Programs
|Programs:||Drawing & Painting, Pottery & Ceramics|
|Target Age Range:||7+ year-olds|
A new class from Renaissance featuring 3 compents to create a Mixed Media Class.
- Makin's Clay: An air dry polymer clay, is an exclusive product to Renaissance Art Center.
- Printmaking: One of the oldest art techniques.
- Sewing: A basic need for everyone to learn.
The course will cover an introduction to these mediums featuring a variety of lesson plans throughout the semester. Students should be of age to handle certain equipment and tools.
In this new class, projects will use a variety of mediums to create new art forms. The semester will cover 3 areas, introducing students to:
- Makin's Clay: An air-dry polymer clay. This clay is used to create a wide range of jewlery, bookmarks, figurines, & more. Easy to use, quick results and a great medium to learn about sculpting.
- Printmaking: One of the oldest art forms. Students will learn the process of creating the image, inking and use of a printing press. Focus is on gel, relief, reduction & collography.
- Sewing: A lost art and now students can learn the basics. Create small bags, sock puppets and more by learning a life skill craft.
Students should be able to use certain equipment and tools in this class.
Other Drawing & Painting you might also be interested in: