STEAMback to all Programs
|Programs:||Drawing & Painting, Digital Arts|
|Target Age Range:||9+ year-olds|
The Renaissance version of STEAM! Our new class mixes 4 areas of art & technology, robots & science. Throughout the semester, students will enjoy the following components:
- Code (Visual Programming)
- Digital Arts
Each week covers a different segment by rotating lesson in the above subjects. By the end of the semester, campers will have experienced art, digital & technology.
In our version of a STEAM curriculum, this new class covers 4 areas specifically:
- CODE (Visual Programming) - Within this segment, students will use SCRATCH and other programs in learning the basics of visual programming. Learning to create a game and understanding the basics of what Code & Programming is.
- ARTS - In the Arts segment, students will experience Drawing/Painting & Mixed Media. With a variety of projects, different mediums and materials will be used throughout the semester, giving students a chance to learn new art techniques.
- ROBOTICS - Learn to program & use a variety of Robotics. From LEGO's to SPHERO to PARROT DRONES, this portion will teach students how to build, program & compete in skill challenges.
- DIGITAL ARTS - Using iPads & computers as an art tool, students utilize a varity of programs to learn new digital techniques. With a digital canvas, art is created in a new way.
During the semester students rotate through different segments until they have completed the various STEAM lessons. By the end of the term, they will have covered all areas of the STEAM. curriculum.
Other Drawing & Painting you might also be interested in: