C.A.R.D. (STEAM) CAMPback to all Programs
|Target Age Range:||9+ year-olds|
|Class Duration:||FULL DAY|
The Renaissance version of STEAM! The C.A.R.D. full day camp mixes 4 areas of art & technology, with an emphasis on art. Throughout the week, campers will enjoy the following components in their camp:
- Code (Visual Programming)
- Digital Arts
Each day will be split into 1/2 day segments with campers enjoying a rotating lesson in the above subjects. By the end of the week, campers will have experienced art, digital & technology. The camp is offered specific weeks in Summer and is full day only, for ages 9 and above.
In our version of a STEAM curriculum, the C.A.R.D. camp covers 4 areas specifically:
- CODE (Visual Programming) - Within this segment, students will use SCRATCH and other programs in learning the basics of visual programming. Learning to create a game and understanding the basics of what Code & Programming is.
- ARTS - In the Arts segment, campers will experience Drawing/Painting & Mixed Media. With a variety of projects, different mediums and materials will be used throughout the week, giving students a chance to learn new art techniques.
- ROBOTICS - Learn to program & use a variety of Robotis. From LEGO's to SPHERO, this portion will teach campers how to build, program & compete in skill challenges.
- DIGITAL ARTS - Using iPads & computers as an art tool, campers utilize a varity of programs to learn new digital techniques. With a digital canvas, art is created in a new way.
The week is spread out over 1/2 day segments, with an emphasis on art. Campers rotate through different segments of the curriculum each day so that by the end of the week, they have completed the various C.A.R.D. lessons.
Other Camps you might also be interested in: